Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Week

We had a great Thanksgiving thinking of all the things we have to be grateful for.  My Grandma Thede visited for the week.
For FHE we wrote all the things we are thankful for. As soon as we were done I thought of many other things I am thankful for.  Lacey was not very happy that night.  She still looks so sweet when she's all wrapped up and sleeping.
On Thanksgiving these two helped me make some cute little drink decorations.  Heidi helped for a couple but Hailey helped until they were all done.  She handed me the feathers for each one and I found it remarkable that no two turkeys ended up with the same pattern of feathers.
Brynlee was in heaven because Grammy made this room into a play room and she had it all to herself for most of the day.  She loved carrying the three phones around, one from each play set.  Heidi and Hailey played Yahtzee and Hailey had an awesome game with a score in the high 500's. Lacey didn't eat any real food but I wanted a picture of her in this bib anyways.  The food was great and it was a wonderful time spent with family.  The next morning I woke up, fed Lacey, then headed to Walmart to see if the things I wanted were still there.  I got everything on my list and didn't have to shop on Thanksgiving which was great.
These two are so funny.  Brynlee wore this dress almost constantly for a couple of days. Then Cougar danced with her and they would spin around and around and then fall down.  They were laughing so hard and it was so cute.
That Saturday we had a fun get together with some of Weid's Provo friends.  It was fun, except somehow I was the only wife there.  We also watched our Cougars beat Cal 42-35.  To celebrate, Lacey wore this cute dress from Jodi the next day to church.
She was so cute and happy wearing it.
I especially love the Y on the bum.
Go Cougars!
Brynlee loves carrying Cheer Bear around everywhere and putting her in her booster while she's eating in her high chair.  She also loves wearing shoes, especially Heidi's.
My mom and grandma watched the little kids while I got a crown on my tooth.  Then they met us at the gymnastics place to see the girls.  Grandma Thede gave Lacey the outfit that she's wearing.  Grandma Thede loves babies and is so good with them.  She went back home to Oregon the next day.  That Sunday we surprised her with a birthday party which she loved!  We have been very focused on Great Grandma Peterson for a long time and now that she is gone it's good to pass the attention to Grandma Thede.
By the end of November we had a full wall of decorations that Hailey had made in school.
*I also cut my own hair over that weekend.  I figure if I really made it look bad then I could always go somewhere and have it fixed.  It was looking not so great so I cut off about 4 inches.  It looks much healthier now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of August: Kindergarten and Sports

Hap kept helping me take care of the Memmott's yard. Their raspberries are amazing and have made me look into getting plants. I took the three little kids to the doctor for well visits. They are all healthy and growing. Brynlee was 49 inches tall and weighed 51 pounds, which is below 1% for her age. Lacey was 47.5 inches tall and weighed 43 pounds, about 10th percentile. Hap was 44 inches tall (25%) and 36 pounds (3%). I tried making cookies with all the sunflower seeds we got in lunches but they wouldn't really stick in the cookies and the kids wouldn't eat them that way. I thought they were good. Hap enjoyed his last morning home with just us by falling on my bed. He started kindergarten and loved it. Brynlee and Lacey were happy to show him how to ride the bus and how to get to class. He had a great day and told me all about it. I found squash bugs and eggs at the Memmott's so I helped them out by getting rid of what I could find. Their yard is so pretty; look at the...

Games and Birthday Parties

Hap loves school and comes home with the cutest projects. I am getting lots of stuff from the garden; I used the tomatoes to make taco soup. Cougar had a game in Orem so Hap played on this cool playground when we dropped him off. We got there a bit early so Cougar helped Hap for a while and then we left and went to the girls' soccer games. It was rainy. Cougar had a SWAT training for practice. Heidi had a Thursday Night Lights game against Provo. She did great. I found this cute picture on the school's Instagram the next day. I basically taught Heidi math again; we had many late nights doing math and I was so grateful when it was something I liked. Because Heidi's game was on a Thursday, we were able to have Lacey's party on Friday and Hap's party on Saturday. It was a busy weekend but it worked for us. Lacey invited her friends over for a rainbow party. Almost all of her friends were available that night so it made it super fun for her. Her friends that came are Ad...

Last Week of School 2021-2022

Hap was thrilled to have a couple friends come play while their parents were at high school graduation. Heidi was one of very few students to attend school that last week, it was mostly parties. Baseball started. They're not the best team but they've made more plays in one game than his team did all of last year so it's a lot more fun to watch. With just a few days left with just Hap at home we went on a trip to Costco and drew pictures. Heidi finally got her permit. We didn't leave enough time for her to retake the test the first time she took it (since they close at 5), and after realizing there were questions about points and insurance she read the handbook and then easily passed. Hailey picked the fabric and sewed this bag. My garden is growing and looks more green thanks to these tomato plants from my parents. My pumpkins are doing well, like usual, and had the cutest butterfly flying around them. Brynlee and Lacey made cards and crafts for their wonderful teachers...