Skip to main content

Games and Birthday Parties

Hap loves school and comes home with the cutest projects. I am getting lots of stuff from the garden; I used the tomatoes to make taco soup. Cougar had a game in Orem so Hap played on this cool playground when we dropped him off. We got there a bit early so Cougar helped Hap for a while and then we left and went to the girls' soccer games. It was rainy. Cougar had a SWAT training for practice. Heidi had a Thursday Night Lights game against Provo. She did great. I found this cute picture on the school's Instagram the next day. I basically taught Heidi math again; we had many late nights doing math and I was so grateful when it was something I liked. Because Heidi's game was on a Thursday, we were able to have Lacey's party on Friday and Hap's party on Saturday. It was a busy weekend but it worked for us. Lacey invited her friends over for a rainbow party. Almost all of her friends were available that night so it made it super fun for her. Her friends that came are Ada, Clara, Addie, Mimi, Ella, Betsy, Evie, Grace, Madison, Sophie, Quinn, and Charlotte. They decorated unicorns and then we used them to pin the unicorn on the rainbow. We played Don't Eat Pete. We tried to get a good picture of Lacey with all her friends; these girls are silly. We served cheese tortillas and colorful fruit. She opened presents. We played the straw game with rainbow candies and ate donuts. It was a great party. Hap got a present from Quinn because she wasn't able to make it to his party the next day. We had soccer games in the morning where we got to watch Hailey celebrate a goal and Lacey took a picture with her team. We watched baby Emma while we watched the BYU game and got ready for Hap's party. Hap had a sports party with Dylan, Chad, Madison, Hudson, and Drew. We played Don't Eat Pete and some sports games outside. Hap is our little lefty kicker. We had a snack of fruit and ate some cake. We were able to (mostly) keep these little balls of energy happy for the 90 minute party. The weather was good and it turned out great. Heidi was very helpful. Hap got to try out some of his presents. Hap loves to play games with me. I make pizza about once a week since it's the kids' favorite thing I make so it's probably good to get some pictures of me making it, although I don't usually throw the dough in the air. Hap and Lacey drew these pictures in church that day. I think that's me with Hap since I am holding it in this picture.





























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of August: Kindergarten and Sports

Hap kept helping me take care of the Memmott's yard. Their raspberries are amazing and have made me look into getting plants. I took the three little kids to the doctor for well visits. They are all healthy and growing. Brynlee was 49 inches tall and weighed 51 pounds, which is below 1% for her age. Lacey was 47.5 inches tall and weighed 43 pounds, about 10th percentile. Hap was 44 inches tall (25%) and 36 pounds (3%). I tried making cookies with all the sunflower seeds we got in lunches but they wouldn't really stick in the cookies and the kids wouldn't eat them that way. I thought they were good. Hap enjoyed his last morning home with just us by falling on my bed. He started kindergarten and loved it. Brynlee and Lacey were happy to show him how to ride the bus and how to get to class. He had a great day and told me all about it. I found squash bugs and eggs at the Memmott's so I helped them out by getting rid of what I could find. Their yard is so pretty; look at the...

Last Week of School 2021-2022

Hap was thrilled to have a couple friends come play while their parents were at high school graduation. Heidi was one of very few students to attend school that last week, it was mostly parties. Baseball started. They're not the best team but they've made more plays in one game than his team did all of last year so it's a lot more fun to watch. With just a few days left with just Hap at home we went on a trip to Costco and drew pictures. Heidi finally got her permit. We didn't leave enough time for her to retake the test the first time she took it (since they close at 5), and after realizing there were questions about points and insurance she read the handbook and then easily passed. Hailey picked the fabric and sewed this bag. My garden is growing and looks more green thanks to these tomato plants from my parents. My pumpkins are doing well, like usual, and had the cutest butterfly flying around them. Brynlee and Lacey made cards and crafts for their wonderful teachers...