Weid left for his competition in Miami for 5 days. We stayed plenty busy around here.
Terri offered to watch the kids for a little bit so I could go to the store all by myself. It was like heaven! It was the first time I have been able to do that since Lacey was born. The weather was great (who would believe it was November?!) so the kids played outside. In t-shirts.
They were having a great time playing with all the helicopters that fall from the trees. There are a ton of them and they are not so great when they are clogging our drains on the roof.
Brynlee was so happy to hold Lacey. Hailey wanted to be in the pictures too. Lacey wasn't quite sure what to think of being held by Brynlee.
Heidi and Hailey each wanted a turn to hold Lacey. The kids had been eating Oreos so they have brown around their mouths.
Terri took these pictures while she was watching them. Brynlee was a huge mess from some chocolate.
She said the kids found these eggs that had fallen from the trees and then they were playing hide and seek with them.
I brought Lacey outside to enjoy some fresh air. She's a sweet little baby.
She also took some pictures of these two just hanging out on their little chairs. They are such good friends and so funny.
That night I gave the kids their Saturday night baths and Brynlee chose these pajamas. I made sure that she knew that they covered the feet and she still wanted them. It's the first time in at least 6 months that she would wear footie pajamas. The last time I tried to put some on her she screamed until I took them off of her. Lacey was doing really well lifting her head up.
We had a good Sunday together. Heidi wasn't feeling very well but I needed to teach my primary class and couldn't leave her home alone. So I gave her some medicine and off to church we went. Brynlee pooped during sacrament meeting for the first time in forever. There were only about 10 minutes left so I just waited till it was over to change her. I made it so that Lacey slept through sacrament so I wouldn't have to leave the other kids alone but that made it so she was awake during my lesson. It was quite the Sunday to be by myself with the kids. We watched The Sound of Music again. We needed to decorate this turkey for Hailey's school class. It was a family turkey project and each family decorated their turkey with different things (noodles, candy, fabric, etc.). We decided to use colored sugar. I was just glad I saw the brown sugar in the pantry before I tried mixing my own brown. It was really fun. Brynlee was a mess! It turned out pretty cute when we were done.
Brynlee loves to sit in this upside down stool with her baby while I feed Lacey.
It was National Vanilla Cupcake Day so we celebrated with some that even Hailey could have. I googled best vegan vanilla cupcake and tried the one that I had all the ingredients for. They were not very good. No one even finished one and they sat on the counter for the next few days and nobody wanted another one. I had forgotten to bring the trophy back and then we remembered it and Hailey got it that day so we had it again! She is doing really great in level 2.
Hailey made lots of fun turkeys at school. She really liked this one that she could wear.
Lacey turned 2 months old!
She was really happy that day. She has a lot of personality for a tiny little girl.
Her Great Grandma Thede gave her this outfit and I think she liked it.
She is getting really strong and doesn't seem so tiny to me anymore now that she can hold her head up pretty well. She held her head up for quite a while and then was done.
I finally bought batteries for our swing. Luckily they were on sale at Costco. She does really well in the swing and it has been worth every penny it costs to make this thing go. She started to get a little grumpy at night time so it was very useful when I was trying to put the other kids to bed and no help to do it. Weid came home that night. Their team didn't break the top ten but they had a good time. I was glad he was home.
















Comments