I took Cougar and Lacey to the doctor for their well child visits on the 21st.
Cougar: about 4 1/2 years old
37 lbs. and 41 inches tall, just under average for both
Cougar is a smart, healthy boy. The doctor always remembers who Cougar is. Cougar loves to tell him anything and everything. He did great. He even got his kindergarten shots and didn't cry at all. I held his arms and legs as they gave him 4 shots. He looked like he might cry when the first one went in but then he just kept looking at me and no tears or screams or anything came.
Brynlee didn't need to get checked but she did get a flu shot. She limped around for the next day or so and cried for quite a while.
Lacey at 2 months 10 days old.
10 lbs. 8 oz. and 22 inches long, about the 20th percentile in both. The shocking number for her is that her head only measures at the 10th percentile which is really different from her siblings.
Lacey is growing fast. She still has blue eyes (which is also unusual for someone in this family) and dark hair that is slowly being rubbed off the back of her head. She had the rotavirus and 3 shots. My other kids would always just sleep a lot the day they got shots but she didn't sleep as much and screamed when I tried to nurse her. I was trying everything to get her to eat so I rubbed her gums, as if she were teething, and that seemed to calm her enough to eat some. The next day things were back to normal. I am very grateful for my sweet healthy kids.
Comments