Our house finally started to look a little bit like a house.
These are the changes in our house from Sept. 4-7. Our garage was poured and the framing was started!
Sept. 5th was National Cheese Pizza Day! Of course Hailey can't have cheese, but I made her a delicious turkey and pineapple pizza that she loved.
The Construction Management had a BBQ and Chili cook-off. I was told I needed to try all of them so I made the best of it and had a chili dog with each kind of chili on a different part of it. Some of the chili was really good, but others were very not good. The kids played under these huge trees there at Kiwanis Park and had a blast in their own little world under there.
Just as we were leaving it started to rain and this beautiful rainbow came out. It turned into a double rainbow a few minutes later, but I love these pictures with the rainbow, the Y on the mountain, and the kids.
Friday, September 7th was Heidi's day to be VIP at school. After an early morning feeding of Brynlee at 5 a.m. I finished her train poster that is to go up in her classroom at school. She was so excited and took it to school to show her class. Unfortunately, she didn't show it that day. There was a little misunderstanding. Since she didn't go in to class and excitedly show her teacher her poster, her teacher didn't think that she had remembered it and didn't want to make her feel bad by asking if she had it. So when she got in the car after school I asked her how it went showing it to her class (since she is pretty shy and I was worried that maybe she just stood there and didn't say anything) she immediately started bawling and thought that maybe she had lost her poster and never got to show it to her class. When we got home I found it at the bottom of her backpack and emailed her teacher to see what happened and her teacher felt really bad and I found out the stuff above. So they still totally celebrated her birthday and she was VIP, but she just didn't get to show her poster until Monday. Sometimes I think that she's super shy just to show me what it was like to be the parent of a super shy child.
Hailey is such a great sport all the time and is my super big helper so I made it be a special day for her too. We colored some noodles and made a necklace. She got to put the drops of food coloring in the bags and choose what colors to do them. After they were dry she made a beautiful necklace.
These girls are such goof balls! They wanted a picture in their matching pajamas. I told them their jammies were getting too small and that they needed to pull their shirts down. Hailey did just that and Heidi hunched up her shoulders so more of her tummy would show. They thought that was pretty funny. These girls are best friends and so silly!







Comments