There was a lot going on that first week of school.
The second day of school was the night of Cougar Kick-Off. The kids looked so cute in their BYU clothes and loved being around other people who love BYU. We waited for quite a while for these balloons. Good thing I took a picture right after because Heidi's popped about 2 minutes later. We were sad to find out that they waited until we moved away two years ago to start selling the cheer uniforms. They have drastically dropped the price this year and there were no girl ones by the time we got there since they were selling them for $5 per piece.
The next night was back-to-school night. Heidi is standing next to the orange face she made and then under her #24 train. I also got a picture that she painted of herself. We got to find out all about what Heidi will be learning about this year and how her teacher does homework, take-home reading books and all sorts of other things. Her teacher is awesome! She has a train theme, which is really fun. Each row has a different train name (like Polar Express, Orient Express, Thomas the Train, etc.) and their motto is "First Graders Can Do Hard Things." They read The Little Engine that Could and learned about not giving up that first week of school.
Pictures from August 24th and 27th
Our house finally looks like something! Heidi loves to get out of the car every day after school and see what has changed. She is a smart little girl and notices every little thing that changes on the house each day.
August 24th was National Waffle Day! I really don't like making decisions, so I love celebrating days that decide for me what's for dinner. I love waffles!
Brynlee looked so cute all ready for church. She is very good at sitting up and loves to stand. I just propped her against the wall and she stood there pretty good for almost 5 months old.





Comments